The lab has an interdisciplinary focus – combining formal and descriptive linguistics with developmental and cognitive psychology – and joint and individual projects include spontaneous and experimental data and make use of a variety of online and offline methodologies.
Recent and Ongoing Research Projects:
- Spanish or English as Immigrant and Heritage languages
- The representation and processing of language in the bilingual mind
- Bilingual and multilingual code-switching.
- Bilingualism in typically and atypically developing populations
- Wuayuunaiki-Spanish, Uwa-Spanish, and Zapoteco-Spanish language contact
- The acquisition of Spanish, English and French from formal linguistics and psycholinguistic perspectives
- L1, L2 and L3 acquisition of Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish (among others)